Silverthorn Resort Houseboat Rental Policy
- RENTAL POLICY AND DEPOSITS. Charter Captain and Co-Captain must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license to rent a boat or cabin. Rentals fees must be paid in full at least 75 days prior to arrival date. A Booking Deposit is due at the time of booking and will be applied to the rental fee. Payment for deposits, rental fees, gas, and supplies may be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or cash. Credit card payments are processed when received. A check will be mailed for any refundable cash transaction. No cash refunds will be made.
- SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT. Upon arrival we require a Security/Damage Deposit. This deposit is fully refundable providing the boat is returned undamaged, clean, and with all boat inventory intact. Deposits can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or cash. Deposits made in cash will be refunded with a check and sent by mail. The deposit amounts are as follows; $1,000 for the Queen, Queen I, and Queen II; $500 for the Presidential, Senator, Executive, and Wakeboard Boats; $200 for Cabins, Patio Boats, and Fishing Boats. On holiday weekends and all weekends in the month of May Security/Damage deposits increase to $5000 for the Queen, Queen I, and Queen II and to $3000 for the Presidential, Senator, and Executive and must be paid in cash only.
- HOUSEBOAT DAMAGE WAIVER. Our rental boats are insured for their replacement cost in the event of an accident. As the renter (or driver with permission) of our boat you are insured by our policy. You are responsible for a $30,000 deductible. However, we offer to waive your responsibility for the deductible for a charge of a $20 a day.
This insurance and damage waiver does not cover:
• Damage to the propeller.
• Damage to the interior of the boat caused by inappropriate or negligent behavior.
• Flood damage to the engine compartment caused by beaching the boat.
• This type of damage is generally covered by the Damage Deposit due upon arrival in the form of a credit card authorization hold.
• We do not offer a damage waiver for watercrafts.
- CANCELLATION. There is a full refund on reservations cancelled 5 days or less from the date of booking if the reservation is made at least 75 days prior to the arrival date. 50% of the reservation deposit is refundable if cancelled in writing 75 days or more prior to your arrival date. Cancellations 46 to 74 days before arrival date will result in forfeiture of full deposit. Entire rental fee will be retained if cancelled within 45 days to your arrival date.
- FORM OF PAYMENT. Payment for deposits, rentals, fuel and supplies may be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Credit card payments are processed when received. Personal checks are only accepted to be applied towards the rental fee. Holiday Damage Deposits are to be made in CASH ONLY. Cashier’s checks or money orders will not be accepted for Holiday damage deposits.
- REPAIR & REFUND POLICY. Silverthorn Resort is committed to making your Houseboat Vacation as trouble free as possible. Please understand that there are many operational parts on a houseboat, several of which can fail unforeseeably. Although there are NO REFUNDS given for such failures, it is our commitment and responsibility to repair the problem in a timely and efficient manner. This can only happen if we are made aware of the problem at the time it occurs. Should you experience failure of any kind, please notify the Resort immediately. I understand that refunds are not given for inconveniences due to houseboat malfunctions.
- FUEL. The fuel tanks will be full at departure, and will be filled at the primary Renter's expense upon return of the vessel. All gas used is the primary Renter's responsibility.
- CHECK-IN & BOARDING. Check-In is between 3:00-6:00 p.m. May-Sept and between 1:00–4:00 p.m. Oct-April. Renter may not board the houseboat or other equipment until all paperwork has been completed and instructions regarding operation of houseboat and equipment has concluded.
- CHECK-OUT. The Vessel must be unloaded, cleaned and returned to the gas dock between 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. on the return date. A late charge may be charged on late returns and will be deducted from the damage deposit or charged to the renter’s credit card.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE ARRIVAL OR EARLY RETURN. SILVERTHORN RESORT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF RUNNING TIME DUE TO EQUIPMENT FAILURE, WEATHER, ILLNESS, ACCIDENTS OR CHANGES IN PLANS.
- PARKING PERMITS. Silverthorn Resort provides a set number of parking passes to guests based on the type of houseboat rented. Please be aware that due to limited parking during peak season we may not allow the purchase of additional parking permits. Vehicles not displaying a parking permit will be towed at the owner’s expense. Additional permits may be available for an additional charge. Permits are allocated as follows: Queen/Queen I = 5, Queen II/Presidential/Senator = 4, Executive = 3. Please carpool if possible.
- WE ARE A PET FRIENDLY RESORT. Silverthorn Resort is a pet friendly resort and will accommodate one pet at no charge. Each additional pet will require a non-refundable charge of $35.00 to be paid prior to occupancy/boarding. Any excessive cleaning required upon departure of pet hair, urine, etc. will be charged to the credit card on file at the rate of $25.00 per hour. Any damages will be charged at replacement cost.